Bread Pudding is a crowd favorite, perfect for holiday gatherings, but also versatile enough to be made any time of the year! But, what can make bread pudding better than it already is? Cherry Whiskey Cream Sauce.
In this Cherry Whiskey Cream Sauce recipe, Chef Ace Champion enhances the classic bread pudding sauce by combining whiskey, cherry juice, Madagascar vanilla bean and more to create a mouthwatering cream sauce that will take your bread pudding to the next level.
Want to see how it’s done? Watch the how-to video right here.
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Madagascar Vanilla bean (or vanilla extract)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup whiskey of choice
- 1/2 cup cherry juice, reduced by half
- 1 Place cornstarch and ½ of the whiskey in a small mixing bowl and whisk to blend and make whiskey slurry. Set aside.
- 2 In a 1-quart saucepan set over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, vanilla, and sugar. Cook for about 3 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened. Add in the reduced cherry juice and mix well.
- 3 Pour the slurry into the cream mixture and continue cooking. Add in the rest of the whisky and continue cooking.
- 4 Once the sauce begins to boil, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. . Serve soon or refrigerate for later use.