From our friends at Runamok®, a delightful Chia Pudding with Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup. It’s made like overnight oats. You combine the ingredients in a small jar and refrigerate overnight for maple goodness the following morning.
Runamok is a Vermont company that taps more than 80,000 trees to create a variety of maple-syrup products. They offer pure syrup, of course, but also have infused, smoked and barrel-aged varieties that all bring special nuances when used in cooking.
- 1 cup whole milk (or coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons Runamok Apple Brandy Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fruit, nuts, toasted coconut or other topping (optional)
- 1 Combine the first four ingredients and stir. Put in a small container, cover and place in the fridge. Leave for eight hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with fresh fruit, nuts, toasted coconut or extra maple syrup.