Involtini is an Italian word for stuffed or rolled meat or seafood. Where possible, use organic or free range chicken as it has a superior taste & texture. This recipe is gluten-free, low carb, low GI, low sugar, and wheat free.
See more from The Food Coach.
- 1 capsicum red, large
- 680 grams chicken breast
- 1 cup herbs, mixed, fresh
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- 2 teaspoons umboshi plum vinegar
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- 2 Grill the capsicum until the skin is blackened and blistered.
- 3 Allow to cool and then peel of the skin & discard seeds.
- 4 Lay the chicken on a flat board & using the flat surface of a meat mallet or rolling pin pound the chicken until it is about 1/4 of a cm thick all over.
- 5 Combine the mozzarella, herbs, umeboshi and cracked pepper together in a bowl.
- 6 Slice the capsicum and arrange it evenly over the flattened chicken pieces.
- 7 Spoon the mozzarella across the width of the chicken & roll the pieces up.
- 8 Secure with string or toothpicks.
- 9 Heat a frying pan with 2 teaspoons of olive oil & brown the involtini for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- 10 Transfer to a baking tray and cook for a further 12-15 minutes.
- 11 Serve with a salad or veggies.