Chicken Panini Recipe. This cheesy chicken panini sandwich is served on a bagel.
Bagel, Chicken Breast, Mushrooms, Mozzarella Cheese, Tomato, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper
Recipe Courtesy of Pinnacle Foods Corporation, Inc.
- Pre-sliced Lender's New York Style whole grain or wheat bagel
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 2 ounces of sliced cooked chicken breast
- 1 thin slice of red onion
- 1 tablespoon marinated red bell peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 thin slice of ripe tomato
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 Lay both slices of the bagel facedown. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle half of oregano and dash of sea salt on both pieces.
- 2 Flip over and spread pesto sauce on the cut side of the bagel. Layer bottom half of bagel as follows: chicken, red onion, red pepper, mushrooms, cheese, oregano, tomato, salt, pepper and basil leaves. Place top half of bagel onto bottom half and press firmly.
- 3 Place the sandwich in a heated Panini grill and cook until cheese melts and the bagel bread is toasty brown and has grill marks. Remove, cut and serve!