Need a fresh twist on the classic wings? This Mango Chili Sauce is calling your name!
Made with the aromatic and mouthwatering flavors of mango, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, chili and more, these wings are a crowd pleaser.
Recipe and image courtesy of National Mango Board.
- 3 large mangos, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon organic molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs. chicken wings (about 24), wingtips removed or drumettes rinsed and patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- 1 Place all of the mango-chili sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender. Puree until smooth.
- 2 Place chicken wings in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Coat with 1/2 cup of mango-chili sauce, set the rest of the sauce aside for later. Sprinkle wings with sesame seeds and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3 Grease a grill or grill pan. Grill the wings for about 5 minutes on each side, or until opaque and fully cooked through.
- 4 While wings cook, place reserved sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes. If the sauce is too thick, add a few teaspoons of water until the desired consistency is reached. If the sauce is too thin, continue to cook until thick.
- 5 Toss chicken wings in 1/4 cup of sauce (or brush sauce on them) and place on a serving platter.
- 6 Garnish with chopped scallions and diced mangoes, and serve with remaining mango-chili sauce on the side for dipping!