These Chipotle Smoked Pork Ribs will be a classic addition to your family-style barbeque. Ideal for a summer or fall get-together.
Recipe courtesy of nu sanctuary lounge, Las Vegas.
- 10 pounds Smoked pork ribs
- BRINE INGREDIENTS: 3 gallons water
- 5 lemons cut in half
- 4 cups kosher salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 1 cup black peppercorns
- 10 garlic cloves
- RUB AND SMOKE INGREDIENTS: 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup black pepper
- 1 cup smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup ground ginger
- 1/4 cup dried thyme
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 1 BRINE METHOD: In a large pot bring all ingredients to a boil and remove from heat and cool to 32ºF. Once cooled down, pour the brine over the pork ribs and refrigerate no longer than 8 hours.
- 2 RUB AND SMOKE METHOD: Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl and boat both sides of the pork ribs really well. Place in a smoker box and smoke unwrapped and smoke for 3 hours at 225ºF.
- 3 Remove the ribs and splash with some apple juice generously and wrap in tin foil and smoke for another 2 hours.
- 4 Remove from the smoker and serve.