Chocolate Cherry Cake Recipe. The moist cake is flavored with the classic combination of chocolate and cherries. A rich chocolate cherry glaze makes the cake extra special.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 378, Fat: 18 g,
Carbohydrates: 49 g, Cholesterol: 59 mg, Sodium: 386 mg, Fiber: 2 g,
Protein: 5 g.
- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1 package (4-serving size) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Imitation Cherry Extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For Chocolate Cherry Glaze: 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Imitation Cherry Extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and 1 tablespoon extract in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- 2 Bake 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- 3 Meanwhile, prepare Glaze by mixing sugar, milk and butter in small saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon extract until chips are melted. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.