Chocolate Crepes with Jam Recipe. Dutch process cocoa powder has been treated with an alkali, which helps neutralize cocoas natural acidity. Because it is darker in color but milder in flavor than untreated cocoa, Dutch process cocoa powder is perfect for crepes.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.
- For the crepes: 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for cooking crepes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raspberry jam, plus more as needed
- Whipped cream for serving
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- 1 To make the crepes, in a blender, combine the milk, eggs, butter, flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Alternatively, combine the ingredients in a pitcher and whisk vigorously until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- 2 Heat a crepe pan over medium-low heat. Coat the pan lightly with melted butter, wiping out any excess. Lift the pan at a slight angle and pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the center, tilting the pan to spread the batter to the edges. Return the pan to the heat and cook until the crepe is golden underneath, about 1 minute. Using a spatula, flip the crepe over and cook for 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate and cover. Repeat with the remaining batter to make about 16 crepes.
- 3 To assemble, lay a crepe flat, spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the jam into the center and fold the crepe into a triangle. Repeat with the remaining crepes and jam. Divide the crepes among 8 individual plates. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with raspberries. Serves 8.