Turn your kitchen into an ice cream parlor! Try this recipe and you’ll see it’s really not that hard to create your own chocolate dipped waffle cones.
This recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.
Click here for Waffle Cone recipe.
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 10 waffle cones (see "Additional Info" for related "Williams Sonoma" recipe)
- Your favorite ice cream
- 1 Put the chocolate in the top pan of a double boiler set over but not touching barely simmering water in the bottom pan. Melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- 2 Hold a cone upright over the melted chocolate. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the chocolate into the cone. Using a small offset spatula, spread the chocolate so it coats the inside of the cone. Turn the cone upside down and gently shake to remove the excess chocolate. Dip the edge of the cone into the chocolate, coating about 1/2 inch of the cone rim. Turn the cone upright and allow the chocolate to drip down the sides. Repeat with the remaining cones.
- 3 Place the cones in a bowl of uncooked rice and freeze until firm, about 5 minutes. Fill the cones with ice cream.