This recipe for Chunky Apple Cranberry Sauce adds a delightful apple zing to the traditional classic. The light sweetness of the apple perfectly balances the sour sweetness of the cranberry. It will be a new Thanksgiving tradition at your house! Shared courtesy of the National Honey Board. – Editor
You’ll end up with 4 cups of sauce following these directions.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tart apples, peeled, if desired, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 In a medium saucepan stir all ingredients. Heat to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- 2 Cool and refrigerate before serving.