Everybody loves a Cinderella story, and March Madness never disappoints. Get your watch party started with these Cinderella Spud Sticks — a fun and fiery way to enjoy potatoes on the grill!
Perk up your potatoes with fiery seasonings – and flames from your grill – to create spud sticks so delicious you’ll feel like Cinderella, too.
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 medium Russet Potatoes
- Cooking spray
- Pepper, to taste
- 12 (6-inch) wood skewers, pre-soaked
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 4 ounces bleu cheese crumbles
For the Cinderella Sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup small blue cheese crumbles
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
For the Spud Sticks
- 1 In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, oil, hot sauce, honey, vinegar, brown sugar, and garlic.
- 2 Bring mixture to a simmer then reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 7-10 minutes. Meanwhile, slice potatoes into 1-inch thick pieces then place into a 2-quart glass dish with 1/2 cup water.
- 3 Cover and microwave on high just until potatoes begin to get tender, about 7 minutes. Drain water, and spread potatoes across a jelly roll pan to steam dry.
- 4 Using skewers, thread potato pieces, dividing evenly among sticks. Using cooking spray, generously coat potatoes, then season with pepper, to taste.
- 5 Heat grill to 450 degrees then places kabobs on lightly oiled grates. Grill until golden and slightly charred, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- 6 Remove from heat and drizzle with glaze then sprinkle with celery and blue cheese. Serve immediately with dipping sauce, if desired.
For the Cinderella Sauce
- 1 In a small mixing bowl, combine sour cream, blue cheese, mayonnaise and garlic then serve.