Cinnamon Ornaments Recipe. Making Cinnamon Ornaments is a perfect holiday fun activity for kids. The ornaments are easy to make and their aroma lasts long after the holidays are over.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Tip: If a different size bottle of cinnamon is used, measure 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cinnamon.
Warning: Ornaments are not edible.
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 bottle (4.12 ounces) McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- Cookie cutters
- Drinking straw
- Colorful ribbon
- 1 Preheat oven to 200°F.
- 2 Mix applesauce and cinnamon with hands in small bowl until a smooth ball of dough is formed. Using about 1/4 of the dough at a time, roll dough to 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap. Peel off top sheet of plastic wrap; cut dough into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Make a hole in top of ornament with drinking straw. Place ornaments on baking sheet.
- 3 Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Cool ornaments on wire rack. (Or, to dry ornaments at room temperature, carefully place them on wire rack. Let stand 1 to 2 days or until thoroughly dry, turning occasionally.)
- 4 Insert ribbon through holes and tie to hang. May be decorated with opaque paint markers found in arts and crafts stores, if desired.
- 5 WARNING: Ornaments are not edible.