When life gives you leftover bread, you make a simple, tasty baked cruller! Pumpkin has fiber and boosts your immune system.
Skip those store-bought crullers, put your apron on and make these in just a few minutes!
- Leftover bread
- Spray oil of your choice (We use Winona Pure)
- 2 teaspoons per slice of bread pureed pumpkin
- Cinnamon and sugar mixture (usually one part cinnamon to two parts sugar)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil
- 3 Set it aside
- 4 Taking a slice of bread, spread the pumpkin onto the slice and then smush it into a cruller form. It may take a few minutes and the bread may begin to break apart, but continue to form it
- 5 Spray with spray oil (I recommend sunflower or coconut as they are more of a mild taste) and finish molding the shape
- 6 Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and place onto the lined baking sheet
- 7 Bake for eight minutes
- 8 Turn the cruller over, sprinkle with more cinnamon and sugar and bake another eight minutes or until crispy
- 9 Allow to cool on parchment paper