A delicious glazed cookie with the hint of orange.
- 1 cup Plugrá butter, unsalted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- FOR FROSTING: 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Plugrá butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 Combine 1 cup butter, sugar and egg yolks in mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy, scraping bowl often.
- 2 Add orange juice and vanilla.
- 3 Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture ½ cup at time, mixing well.
- 4 Divide dough in two. Wrap each in plastic food wrap and refrigerate until firm (1 1/2-2 hours).
- 5 Preheat oven to 400ºF. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, one half at a time to a 1/4 inch thickness. Keep remaining dough in refrigerator. Cut with 3-inch cookie cutters and place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 6 For frosting – Combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and milk in a mixer and beat on medium speed just until combined well. You can add milk for a desired consistency.
- 7 When the cookies have completely cooled, frost them and decorate as desired.