These chocolate chip cookies are classics with a twist—large chunks of quality chocolate that make them extra special.
Why Try? This is a true chocolate-lover’s chocolate chip cookie.
- 3/4 cup butter flavored solid shortening
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (can use whole milk or half & half)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups premium chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1 Mix shortening, brown sugar, cream and vanilla until creamy. Add egg.
- 2 Add flour, salt and baking soda to the creamed mixture.
- 3 Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, etc. If you are adding any other optional ingredients, add them at this time.
- 4 Drop by tablespoonful onto ungreased baking sheet or parchment paper.
- 5 Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes for a soft cookie, add 1-2 minutes for a crunchy cookie.