classic grilled cheese sandwich recipe – Classic grilled cheese is even tastier using gruyere cheese and sourdough bread.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 473 Fat, Total: 31g Carbohydrates, Total: 26g
Cholesterol: 93mg Sodium: 497mg Protein: 21g
Fiber: 2g % Cal. from Fat: 59% % Cal. from Carbs: 22%
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 slices fresh sourdough bread
- 8 to 12 ounces Gruyere cheese, sliced 1/16 inch thick
- 1 Spread 1/2 tablespoon butter over one side of each bread slice. Place 4 bread slices, buttered side down on work surface. Divide cheese among bread slices. Top each with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
- 2 Heat griddle or cast iron skillet over medium heat. If using a griddle, cook sandwiches until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side. If using a cast iron skillet, cook sandwiches until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- 3 Turn sandwiches over, then place skillet in 400º F oven, until golden brown on bottom and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.