A homemade Classic Mango Salsa can top any entree!
Sweet, spicy and a little tangy, this salsa is a combination of jalapeño, bell pepper, red onion, fresh cilantro, ripe mangos and a zesty blend of lime juice and seasonings. Spoon it over fresh fish tacos or baked chicken and you have a great weeknight meal.
Recipe and image courtesy of National Mango Board.
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl, then serve fresh!