If you are looking for something to celebrate, today (April 24, 2014) marks National Pigs-In-A-Blanket day. Bring it on!
This recipe is provided by Colman’s Mustard and uses its Dry Powder Mustard to create a condiment to create this Warm Beer and Cheddar Dip. By adding the secret ingredient (Colman’s Dry Mustard Powder) into the mix, the product’s invigorating blend of high-quality brown and white mustard seeds gives the dip a unique, zesty kick.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup ale or darker beer
- 1 tsp Colman's Dry Mustard Powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1 In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes
- 2 Slowly whisk in the milk and beer, increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer
- 3 Add the mustard, Worcestershire and hot sauce and cook, whisking occasionally, until the mixture begins to thicken, 3 to 5 minutes
- 4 Working in batches, add the cheese in large handfuls, whisking until each batch has completely melted before adding more.
- 5 Season with salt and pepper.