Set up a cookie bar for the holidays–it’s a unique take on your next cocktail hour! Just form a line at the Cookie Bar! Prepare your favorite sugar cookie recipe (or use ours), add frostings and your choice of decorative elements, then pull up a seat and enjoy! It’s your personal hand crafted, small batch, sit-down-at-the-bar event for the holidays.
- Basic cookie recipe:
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar (brown or granulated, depending on cookie type you want)
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 T. extract (anything you like, depending on flavor you want)
- pinch of salt
- Decorations: gumdrops, M&Ms, cinnamon candies, colored sanding sugars, etc.
- Note: For a chocolate cookie, add 5 T. cocoa and 3 T. hazelnut liquor or Frangelico
- For Icing:
- 1 stick butter
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 6 T. buttermilk OR 6 T. crème de menthe OR 6 T. Kahlua (any similar amount of flavoring)
- food coloring as desired
- 1 Mix all ingredients together for the basic cookie recipe.
- 2 Roll out and cut into festive shapes.
- 3 Place on parchment on a cookie sheet.
- 4 Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, depending on type of sugar used.
- 5 For frosting, mix 1 stick butter and 1 pound of powered sugar together, adding your choice of flavoring and/or food coloring.
- 6 Set cooled cookies and frostings out and let your guests decorate their own!