I remember so well one of my parents’ first restaurants in Maine. It was the Canaan Country Kitchen. It was here that I first learned his recipe for coleslaw dressing that I have never had since.
So what a perfect marriage, combining coleslaw, great dressing, some crunchy vegetables and Old Bay® seasoning. Think about it for a moment…done? Now go make it!
Country Kitchen Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon each lemon pepper and Old Bay Seasoning
- To taste salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked, cubed potatoes
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup cooked, whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup minced cucumber
- 1 Whisk together Country Kitchen Dressing ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- 2 In a large bowl, add all salad ingredients, tossing to combine.
- 3 Fold in the dressing to the potatoes well.
- 4 Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.