Cran Cherry Plasma Transfusion Recipe. Hook up to some fun with these fanciful macabre cocktails. The punch is delicious and 100 percent fruit, infusing Halloween party goers with a nutritious alternative to sweetened soft drinks. But beware, only a ghoul could help but be infected with a fatal case of giggles as they sip refreshments from transfusion sacks made simply from zipper-lock bags, twisty straws and curtain rings.
This Recipe Courtesy of Mealtime.org
Per Serving:Calories 161; Total Fat 0g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 21mg; Carbohydrate 39g; Fiber 1.7g; Protein 1.5g
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) dark, sweet cherries
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- FOR TRANSFUSION BAGS: 6 zipper-lock sandwich bags
- 6 straws, twisted or flexible
- 6 shower curtain rings
- 1 Puree the cherries and fruit cocktail, with their liquid, in a blender or food processor until smooth. Mix in the cranberry juice and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2 To prepare the "transfusion bags," punch a hole with a hole-punch in the corner of one layer of a zipper-lock sandwich bag just below the zipper.
- 3 Insert a twisty straw or flexible straw in the hole and punch another hole in the same corner of the bag through both layers, just above the zipper.
- 4 Thread a shower curtain ring through that hole. Repeat with remaining bags, straws and shower curtain rings.