Hot-from-the-oven scones flavored with moist tangy-sweet bits of dried cranberries and toasted walnuts accented with a hint of orange make a delicious breakfast or brunch pastry or afternoon snack served with coffee or tea.
Part of our Holiday Gifts for Food Lovers series.
Why try? This impressive gift makes a great last minute gift with standard pantry items you probably have in your cupboard. Dry biscuit mix such as Bisquick®, nuts and packaged sweetened dried fruit makes it quick and easy to put this ‘from the heart’ gift together. Be sure to include a copy of recipe directions with your gift.
- 1 container Cranberry Walnut Scone Dry Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2 Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix.
- 3 Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead 2 to 3 times.
- 4 Pat the dough into an 8-inch round on cookie sheet sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- 5 Cut into 8 wedges; brush top of dough lightly with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- 6 Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.