The evaporated skim milk adds more creaminess to this soup.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 4 large sweet onions (such as Vidalia), sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup White wine
- 1 package (2.75 ounces) Pioneer No-fat Country Gravy Mix
- 1/2 cup Cool water
- 1 1/2 cups Evaporated skim milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons Chopped parsley
- 1 In large saucepan, cook and stir onions, brown sugar and oil until onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2 Stir in chicken broth and wine; heat to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- 3 In small bowl, dissolve Pioneer No-Fat Country Gravy Mix in water; stir into onion mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- 4 Remove from heat; add milk and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- 5 Garnish with parsley or additional cheese.