Don’t let cooking fish intimidate you! This delicious baked fish recipe with a crunchy-golden lemon pepper-seasoned crumb topping goes together extra quick and easy with defrosted fish fillets such as flounder or tilapia and makes a perfect weekday meal served with rice and a green vegetable.
Simply top thawed fillets with a blend of Panko bread crumbs and melted butter seasoned with lemon pepper and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Panko breadcrumbs are coarser than traditional breadcrumbs and add a delicate crunchy texture to this recipe.
Check out this episode of :90 Seconds in the Kitchen, too, and see if you can pick up any tips from Chef Cari!
- 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen flounder or tilapia fish fillets (8 fillets), thawed
- - melted butter or olive oil, as needed to coat fillets
- 1 1/4 cups panko Japanese-style panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2 Drain thawed fillets and pat dry; arrange on baking pan sprayed lightly with cooking oil.
- 3 Brush fish fillets lightly with melted butter or olive oil.
- 4 In small bowl, combine panko, lemon pepper, minced parsley and melted butter and stir until completely blended; spoon evenly over the top side of each fillet.
- 5 Bake uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily and topping is light golden brown.