Recipe Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma. Adapted from Williams-Sonoma “Bride and Groom Entertaining”, by Brigit Binns (Gold Street Press, 2007).
This sake cocktail is cool, light, refreshing and pretty to look at. Choose a medium-quality sake. The delicate perfume of a superpremium sake would be lost in a mixed drink. If you are clever with your hands, serve the cooler in a hollowed-out piece of cucumber with a cucumber swizzle stick.
Click here for Simple Syrup recipe.
To make cucumber puree for this drink, peel a cucumber and cut it in half lengthwise, then scrape out the seeds with the tip of a metal spoon. Cut the cucumber into chunks, place in a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth. One standard cucumber will yield about 1 cup puree. Your can make the cucumber puree up to 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2 jiggers (3 fluid ounces) sake
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (see related recipe in Additional Info)
- 1 pony (1 fluid ounce) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cucumber puree
- Ice cubes as needed
- Club soda for topping
- 1 small lime wedge for garnish
- 1 In a highball glass, combine the sake, simple syrup, lime juice and cucumber puree. Fill the glass with ice and stir to mix well. Top to the rim with club soda. Garnish with the lime wedge and serve immediately.
- 2 Serves 1.