Recipe for Curried Chicken, Green Bean, and Almond Salad.
Recipe courtesy of Florida-Agriculture
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed, halved crosswise
- 2 cups roasted chicken breast meat (about 3 chicken breast halves), shredded
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 Cook beans in pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer beans to large bowl.
- 2 Add chicken, onion and 4 tablespoons cilantro.
- 3 Stir curry powder in small skillet over medium heat until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Transfer to small bowl.
- 4 Whisk in yogurt, mayonnaise and lime juice.
- 5 Add dressing to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6 Sprinkle with almonds and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro.