Transform the traditional chicken wing into an explosion of mouthwatering flavor with these decadent Curried Honey-Glazed Chicken Wings. Serve with blue cheese or ranch and some fresh cut veggies for the ultimate entree.
Recipe and image courtesy of the National Honey Board™.
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne, to taste for preferred heat level
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 Combine honey, tomatoes, curry, cumin and cayenne in the food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil, gently, over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Stir in the vinegar.
- 2 Meanwhile cut the chicken wings in thirds, cutting at the joints. Discard the wing tips. When the glaze has cooled combine the cut up wings and the glaze in a large heavy duty self-closing bag. Refrigerate, turning the bag once or twice, several hours or overnight.
- 3 When ready to cook the wings preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with heavy duty foil and spray the foil with non-stick spray. Lift the wings from the marinade and arrange on the prepared baking pan.
- 4 Transfer the remaining marinade to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and boil gently 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5 Bake the wings, turning twice and brushing with the boiled marinade, every 15 minutes. After 35 to 45 minutes the wings should be nicely browned and glazed. Serve either hot or at room temperature.