This is one of my favorite salads! The peppery goodness of the dandelion greens is perfect juxtaposed against the sweetness of the apples and fennel. Then mix in salty bacon and you have a flavor extravaganza that calls out to be served with warm flavorful couscous cakes!
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1-2 fennel bulbs, sliced depending on size
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, washed and dried
- Half of a cucumber, julienne
- Ingredients for the dressing:
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- Sprinkling of salt and pepper
- 1 Place all dressing ingredients in a measuring cup and beat until thickened. Set aside.
- 2 Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3 Pour the dressing around the edge of the bowl and then toss well.