From the Quinoa Mac and Cheese cookbook: “For you gourmet foodies, this Decadent Mac and Cheese is part of a perfect meal, accompanied by garlic skirt steak, hearts of palm salad, and chili pepper string beans.”
It doesn’t have to be unhealthy to taste good. You can find more recipes like this in Vibrantly Delicious’s new cookbook, Quinoa Mac and Cheese.
All of the recipes use Andean Dream Royal Quinoa Pasta, which is gluten- and corn-free, with a whopping 24 grams of protein.
- 14 cups water
- As needed coconut oil cooking spray
- 6 ounces free-range skirt steak
- As needed olive oil
- 8 ounces (1 box) Andean Dream organic, gluten-free quinoa protein spaghetti
- 1 package (1/4 pound) organic string beans
- 1/2 teaspoon green chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, fresh for squeezing
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 2 small sweet onions, minced
- 1/2 bunch fresh organic Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 jar organic hearts of palm
- 1/2 fresh lime for squeezing
- 1 (8 ounce) package organic Gruyere cheese
- 1 In medium-size saucepan, bring 8 cups of water to a boil on high heat.
- 2 Preheat a medium-size sauté pan on medium-high heat. Spray pan with coconut oil cooking spray and sear the skirt steaks until browned all around, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Lower heat to low to let meat thoroughly cook inside - about 6 more minutes.
- 3 When the water has reached a boil, add a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Add the whole box of the Andean Dream Quinoa spaghetti and stir periodically for 10 to 15 minutes till done or al dente (just a bit chewy). Make sure you keep checking it so it does not overcook by tasting one piece with a fork!
- 4 In a separate medium-sized saucepan, bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add the string beans to the boiling water. Cook until al dente or when a fork easily goes through it. Drain and place in a medium-sized bowl . Drizzle with some olive oil, 1⁄4 teaspoon of the chili powder spice, salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Mix well.
- 5 When the pasta is ready, drain it and pour into the sauté pan. Add the coconut milk with fresh chopped Italian parsley, fresh minced onions, salt and pepper. Mix well and cover.
- 6 Pour hearts of palm in a small bowl then add a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper and add a squeeze of fresh lime. Toss gently.
- 7 Finish by stirring in a whole package of the organic Gruyere cheese broken into chunks to the cooked quinoa spaghetti. Mix well and serve with the hearts of palm salad, the skirt steak and the chili string beans.