Who has time to stuff peppers? No need! All of the delicious components and essence of a stuffed pepper combined into a simple, colorful, delectable dish. Bonus, move over citrus fruits because 1 cup bell pepper provides 200% of your daily Vitamin C recommendations!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red, green and yellow peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fired-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice, uncooked (try brown rice)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/3 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 Preheat oven 375°F. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 In large nonstick skillet, cook meat, onion, peppers, and garlic 7-10 minutes or until meat is browned. Drain excess fat; season to taste. Stir in tomatoes, uncooked rice, Worcestershire sauce, basil, and oregano.
- 3 Remove from heat, add 2/3 cup cheese, stirring to combine. Transfer to prepared dish.
- 4 Spread with tomato sauce. Bake 20-25 minutes, uncovered, or until rice is cooked. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and return to oven 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.