Use this versatile icing to decorate your holiday cookies.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
Dried egg whites can be found in most grocery stores next to baking ingredients, and in stores carrying cake-decorating supplies.
- 9 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup dried egg whites
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 jars paste-style food colors (assorted colors)
- 1 In medium bowl, stir together powdered sugar and dried egg whites. Stir in just enough of the water to make a spreadable consistency.
- 2 Divide into several small bowls. Add color by dipping wooden pick into food color and then into icing, stirring to combine. Add more color as desired.
- 3 Using a pastry brush, brush icing on each cookie to coat top. Or, pipe on both the base coat of icing.
- 4 Place remaining icing in small decorating bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Cut off tip of one corner; pipe icing onto cookies to create desired designs.