These Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies were the winner of the 2008 Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest! They were made by contestant Carolyn Gurtz (who entered for 15 years before winning the $1M prize), from Gaithersburg, MD.
See our story on the contest here.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
1 Serving: Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 125mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 11g); Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- 1/4 cup Fisher® Dry Roasted Peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Domino® or C&H® Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® Create â€˜n Bake® refrigerated peanut butter cookies, well chilled
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- 2 In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 (1-inch) balls.
- 3 Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces; flatten slightly. Shape 1 cookie dough piece around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
- 4 Roll each covered ball in peanut mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Spray bottom of drinking glass with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray; press into remaining peanut mixture. Flatten each ball to 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of glass. Sprinkle any remaining peanut mixture evenly on tops of cookies; gently press into dough.
- 5 Bake 7 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.