From Dr. Ruby Lathon’s Veggie Chest series, which focuses on vegan cooking demonstrations, a delicious, refreshing, seasonal Watermelon Lemon Splash.
Watch the companion video here.
- 1/2 medium watermelon
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar (optional)
- 1 Squeeze lemons into a large pitcher; add squeezed lemon quarters. Add mint and agave; mash with a wooden spoon until mint is bruised.
- 2 In a blender, puree watermelon in batches until smooth; pour through a fine-mesh sieve into pitcher (if watermelon contained seeds)
- 3 Stir to combine. Serve over ice if desired.
- 4 Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days.