Dried Sweet Corn Spoon Bread is part cornbread, part corn casserole! This easy-to-assemble spoon bread recipe, made with dried sweet corn, cream and cheddar cheese, is baked in a skillet for a warm comforting side dish. So moist and creamy–you may want to eat this with a spoon!
Recipe by Cope’s Corn.
This is part of our Thanksgiving Kids’ Table series for the holiday, so click here to see more.
- 1 (7.5 oz.) package Cope’s Sweet Dried Corn
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (8.5 oz.) package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Combine dried sweet corn, milk, cream, salt and brown sugar in saucepan; stir to blend.
- 2 Heat over low heat until mixture just starts to simmer (about 6 to 8 minutes).
- 3 Transfer to large bowl and cool.
- 4 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 5 Add dry corn muffin mix, beaten egg and shredded cheese to cooled corn mixture and stir until blended.
- 6 Grease a shallow 2 quart baking dish generously with butter; add corn mixture.
- 7 Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until light golden brown on top. Serve warm.