Little Debbie snacks can be used to create cute Easter treats. This would be a great snack to have the kids help prepare.
Recipe Courtesy of Little Debbie.
- 16 whole natural almonds
- 10 jumbo marshmallows
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- One 9-ounce package Little Debbie Marshmallow Easter Puffs
- 1 to 2 drops blue food coloring
- 1 drop black food coloring
- 1 Square off round ends of almonds; set aside.
- 2 Cut 2 marshmallows in half; crosswise; cut each half in half again to form 8 semicircle-shaped pieces.
- 3 Place powdered sugar in bowl: stir in whipping cream, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- 4 Lay the Easter Puff with its flat end facing down. The Easter Puff will be the bunny's middle section. Decide what rounded edge on that middle section will be the head of the bunny, which is where its whole marshmallow will be attached. Use sugar mixture to stick or adhere 1 whole marshmallow on that ‘top’ edge of each Easter Puff, pressing gently into place. Use sugar mixture to stick 1 marshmallow quarter to the other side of each Easter Puff to form the tail.
- 5 Use sugar mixture to adhere 2 almonds on top of each whole marshmallow head to form 2 ears on each bunny. Let stand 30 minutes or until set.
- 6 Remove 2 to 3 tablespoons remaining frosting mixture from bowl; add 1 to 2 drops blue food color. Stir until well combined. Scrape blue frosting mixture into a small zip-top bag with a plastic spatula, pressing frosting to one corner of bag. Make a tiny snip in corner of bag with a pair of kitchen scissors. Place 2 small blue dots on the front of each marshmallow bunny head to form 2 eyes on each.
- 7 Stir 1 drop black food color in remaining frosting mixture, stirring until well combined. (If frosting is too thin, stir in another 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered sugar until frosting reaches desired consistency.) Scrape black frosting mixture into a small zip-top bag with a plastic spatula, pressing frosting to one corner of bag. Make a tiny snip in corner of bag with a pair of kitchen scissors. Place a small triangle in the center of each marshmallow head, just below blue eyes to form a nose on each bunny. Draw a mouth and whiskers on each bunny. Allow bunnies to to stand until frosting is set.