These cookies are as easy as it comes, making them perfect for little hands helping in the kitchen. Pillsbury has declared December 12, 2015 the first ever National Cookie Decorating Day, so go ahead and dip in!
Cookie and photo used by permission. Click here for more holiday cookie recipes.
- 1 roll (16.5 oz.) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz. white candy coating (almond bark), cut into pieces (from 20-oz package)
- 2 tablespoons red, green or white decorator sugar crystals, decors or sprinkles
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften.
- 3 Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- 4 In large bowl, break up cookie dough.
- 5 Add flour; stir with spoon or hands until well blended.
- 6 Place cookie dough on cookie sheet; press into 15x8-inch rectangle.
- 7 With pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut dough into 30 (4x1-inch) sticks (do not separate).
- 8 Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- 9 Cool 2 minutes.
- 10 Cut into 30 sticks with pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- 11 Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks, separating into cookie sticks.
- 12 Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- 13 Meanwhile, in small bowl, melt candy coating as directed on package.
- 14 Dip one end of each stick into candy coating; dip or sprinkle with sugar crystals.