Creamed spinach and mozzarella atop English muffin halves make a quick and healthy breakfast packed full of delicious flavor! Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
Did you know spinach is high in Vitamin C? Vitamin C is an antioxidant and water-soluble vitamin that plays an important role in growth and tissue repair!
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 English muffins, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cook spinach according to package directions, drain very well.
- 2 In a nonstick pot, mix flour and milk over medium heat, stirring until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and season to taste.
- 3 Lay English muffin halves on baking sheet. Divide spinach mixture evenly on top of muffins. Top each muffin with mozzarella.
- 4 Preheat broiler. Place under broiler 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and muffin begins to brown. Watch carefully.