As an admitted chocoholic, I love this recipe for Easy HERSHEY Bar Pie for two reasons. One, it’s chocolate, and two, it’s tied to a promotion that supports military service members across the world.
This summer, Dollar General is the exclusive retailer for Hershey Military Appreciation bars, which feature patriotic package design and messages of military support and thanks. The patriotic candy is available now in these varities: Hershey’s® Milk Chocolate, Hershey’s® Milk Chocolate with Almonds, KitKat® bars and Reese’s® bars.
Dollar General, along with Hershey’s plans to provide a $10,000 donation to the USO to further support military service members across the world, and help them stay connected with family and country.
To create your own celebration, enjoy this recipe for an Easy HERSHEY Bar Pie!
- 1 package (6 ounces) packaged crumb crust
- 1 (6 ounces) Hershey's® Milk Chocolate Bar, broken into pieces
- 1 tub (8 ounces) non-dairy frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 Place candy bar pieces in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at medium (50%) for one minute, or until chocolate is smooth when stirred. Cool slightly.
- 2 Fold whipped topping into melted chocolate. Spoon into crust. Cover.
- 3 Refrigerate six hours or until firm. Garnish as desired.
- 4 Cover and refrigerate any leftover pie.