The most time-consuming step of making Pad Thai is all of the preparation that goes into the ingredients of the dish, but once you’re done prepping, the pieces go together seamlessly to bring your taste buds from your kitchen to Thailand!
To check out how it’s done, follow along with Johanna Cook’s video on How To Make Easy Pad Thai!
- 1/2 lb Pad Thai rice noodles
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup rough chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 green sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onions
- 1 shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup scallions
- 2 teaspoon finely diced Serrano pepper
- 3 scrambled eggs
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 lemon's worth juice
- 1 Heat two cups of boiling water and pour water over the noodles.
- 2 Let the noddles set for 10-15 minutes.
- 3 Wisk all sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- 4 In large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil on medium to high heat.
- 5 Add shredded onions and cabbage and saute for a minute.
- 6 Add noodles, carrots, cilantro, and scallions.
- 7 Add sauce, chicken, and a dash of salt, then stir everything together.
- 8 Let everything heat up in pan for 3-5 minutes.
- 9 Top with already cooked scrambled eggs and chopped peanuts.
- 10 Serve and Enjoy!