All the veggies in this spaghetti is a wonderful way to use vegetables from your garden to add depth to your pasta meal.
This recipe courtesy
Calories: 580, Total fat: 30 g, Saturated fat: 11 g, Cholesterol: 40 mg, Sodium: 720 mg, Carbohydrate: 56 g, Dietary fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 10 g, Protein: 23 g, Vitamin A: 30 %DV, Vitamin C: 20 %DV, Calcium: 25 %DV, Iron: 15 %DV
NOTE: One small eggplant will yield about 3 cups (1/2-inch) pieces.
STORAGE KNOW-HOW: Store whole eggplant in refrigerator in resealable plastic bag or wrapped in plastic wrap up to 5 days.
- 1 small eggplant (about 3/4 pound), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound spaghetti, cooked
- 1 package (9 ounce) POLLY-O Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (6 balls), drained, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 COOK and stir eggplant, onion and garlic in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 10 min.
- 2 STIR in tomatoes, zucchini, vinegar, salt and pepper; continue cooking 10 min. or until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Place in large serving bowl.
- 3 ADD hot spaghetti, mozzarella cheese and basil; toss lightly.