Enchiladas Grande Recipe This recipe is part of Andrew Schloss’ “One Recipe, Four Ways” meal system.
This recipe is part of Andrew Schloss’ One Recipe, Four Ways meal system.
The recipe for the taco meat can be found here.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 350; Total fat 15g; Saturated fat 6g;
Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 800mg; Carbohydrate 37g; Fiber 5g; Protein 21g; Vitamin A 30%DV*; Vitamin C 25%DV; Calcium 20%DV; Iron 15%DV
- Daily Value
- Spray oil
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2/3 cup canned, red enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup warm taco meat filling (see recipe link above)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2 Heat a large skillet over high heat. Spray with a thin film of oil and wipe out with a paper towel. Cook tortillas on both sides until blistered and soft, about 1 minute per side; keep warm.
- 3 While the tortillas are cooking, pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce on a small plate, set aside. Pour 1/4 cup in a pie plate or small rectangular baking dish, about 6 x 10 inches, and mix the remaining sauce with the sour cream, set aside.
- 4 Mix the meat filling, cheese and cilantro in a medium mixing bowl.
- 5 To assemble: lay a tortilla in the plate of enchilada sauce and turn over. Fill with 1/4 cup of the meat mixture and roll up like a tight cigar. Place seam-side down in the sauce in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Pour the remaining 1/3 cup sauce mixed with sour cream over the enchiladas. Cover tightly with foil and bake until the sauce is bubbling, about 15 minutes.