English Toffee Recipe, made with nuts and chocolate coating. A simple recipe that makes it look like you ordered it from a specialty candy store. Great for gift giving or a special holiday.
This can be made with any kind of nuts – the photo shows both pecans and almonds.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup real butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 6-ounce package chocolate chips
- 1 Spread chopped nuts on the bottom of a buttered cookie sheet with sides, or lay a piece of waxed paper on the cookie sheet & butter it.
- 2 Cook the sugar & butter together. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3 Pour over the nuts.
- 4 Melt the chocolate chips (double boiler or microwave). Cool to lukewarm & spread over the candy.
- 5 Break apart into pieces when cooled.