A perennial favorite, this recipe version makes it extra easy.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
Use a processor to shred carrots quickly.
Moist cakes freeze well when wrapped in moisture-vapor proof material such as aluminum foil. Freeze up to 1 month.
- 3 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Thoroughly oil and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- 2 Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3 Bake 50 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 4 Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Invert onto wire rack and cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.