Looking for an entrée that makes a beautiful centerpiece for your holiday table as well? This Festive Lamb Crown Roast with Oven Roasted Vegetables is just the ticket.
It’s an herb-and-garlic encrusted crown roast with roasted vegetables served in the center. It’s dramatic and beautiful.
This recipe is shared by our friends at the American Lamb Board.
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped herbs (rosemary, basil and thyme)
- 1 American Lamb crown roast, cap removed from ribs
- Salt and coarse ground pepper
- Oven roasted vegetables
- 1 Cut 1/2 inch off the tops of the garlic. Place in small metal pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Roast in 375°F oven for 1 hour. Cool and squeeze soft garlic cloves into small bowl. Mash with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; set aside.
- 2 In small skillet, melt butter and add bread crumbs. Stir and cook until browned.
- 3 Pour into bowl and mix in herbs.
- 4 Place roast in roasting pan. Rub garlic mixture over outside of roast. Generously season lamb with salt and pepper. Pat on bread crumb mixture.
- 5 Roast at 375°F for about 45 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 6 Remove roast from oven, pour roasted vegetables in center, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Carve and serve 2 to 3 chops per serving.
- Calories 503
- Protein 46
- Carbohydrates 11
- Fat 29
- Fat Calories 53
- Cholesterol 157
- Fiber 1
- Sodium 180