These confections are light, airy, delicious and low-fat! Color them to suit your special occasion–purple, pink, green, and blue for Easter, pink for Valentine’s Day, pink and blue for a baby shower–the possibilities are endless!
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 25 to 30 drops McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors and Egg Dye
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 225°F.
- 2 Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. (If using a freestanding mixer, use wire whisk attachment.) Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Increase speed to medium-high. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form. Beat in extract and food color until well blended. Gently stir in chips, if desired.
- 3 Drop by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto 2 large foil-lined baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- 4 Bake both sheets of meringues at the same time 45 minutes. Turn oven off. Let meringues stand in oven 1 hour or until completely cooled.