It’s time to start thinking about what to serve at your New Year’s Eve celebration…and of course the selections are endless. A tried and true bungalow option at any “Putting on the Ritz” holiday event is shrimp cocktail. This celebratory dish is perfectly paired with a glass of bubbly or a martini. Like a classic tuxedo, shrimp cocktail never goes out of culinary fashion and always impresses your guests on this festive evening. Happy New Year’s to all!
- 1 cup Heinz Ketchup
- 1 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 6 tablespoons horseradish (ground, not prepared sauce) or more per your liking
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Tabasco Sauce to taste
- Sprinkling of kosher salt to taste
- Wheels of lemon for garnish
- 1 Mix all ingredients together and chill until needed. This can be made ahead, and refrigerated well covered until use.
- 2 2 cups medium diced celery (optional) used in the base of the cocktail glass.
- 3 Large cocktail shrimp (16-20 count) yields 4-8 shrimp cocktails depending on portion size.
- 4 Set up:
- 5 Using vintage martini or Manhattan glasses spoon a heaping tablespoon of chopped celery into each vessel and enough sauce to fill each glass half of the way.
- 6 Add cooked shrimp and garnish with a sliced lemon ring.
- 7 Serve chilled and with a cocktail fork!