Confession: I’m not a big artichoke heart fan. But I discovered that many other people are. Whenever I make this dip, I’m met with raves.
Excerpted from Stock the Crock by Phyllis Good. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved. Recipe courtesy of Jessica S.
- 2 (14-ounce) cans water-packed artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped (drain one can; reserve the liquid from the other can to add to the dip)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon seeded, chopped, jalapeno chili
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla Chips
- Fresh topping: sliced green onions (optional)
- 1 Grease the interior of the slow cooker crock with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 Combine the artichoke hearts and next 10 ingredients (through garlic powder) in the prepared crock
- 3 Cook on Low 1 hour, or until the cheeses are melted and the dip is heated through
- 4 Top with green onions, if desired. Serve from the cooker with tortilla chips.