These bold matchstick fries are perfect for entertaining – an elegant spin on everyone’s favorite snackable side dish. Thinly pan baked, with a crisp duck-fat crunch, and an aromatic blend of roasted garlic and herbs that will have everyone rushing to nibble.
- 4 large russet Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup duck fat, room temperature
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, chopped
- Rosemary, thyme and sage, chopped
- Jacobsen rosemary salt
For the Aioli
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil
- Rosemary, chopped
- Smoked salt
- Coarse ground black pepper
- 1 Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 2 Toss the sliced potatoes in a dish with the duck fat, reserving 2 tablespoons. Season liberally with salt.
- 3 Rub 2 baking sheets with a thin layer of the reserved duck fat.
- 4 Arrange the potatoes onto the baking sheets in a single layer.
- 5 Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping fries and rotating pans halfway through cook time, until golden and crunchy.
- 6 Meanwhile make the aioli. Whisk the mayo, mustard and Worcestershire together in a small bowl. Drizzle truffle oil, chopped rosemary salt, and pepper over top. Set aside.
- 7 When the fries are removed from the oven, toss with truffle oil and season with the chopped roasted garlic, herbs and rosemary salt.
- 8 Allow fries to cool for a few minutes before serving with aioli.