Varying the fruit according to your taste or occasion makes for endless possibilities with this beautiful dish.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 cup Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut four 7-inch circles from aluminum foil. Spray lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Center foil on top of 4 (10-ounce) inverted custard cups, sprayed side up.
- 2 Combine Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, sugar, cinnamon and water in a small bowl; mix well. Turn dough out onto a surface lightly sprinkled with additional baking mix. Divide dough into 4 balls and roll each ball into 7-inch circle.
- 3 Place dough on foil. Flute edges by pinching foil and dough between fingers. Place cups on a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 4 Bake 7 to 8 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Turn cups over and carefully remove foil.
- 5 Line tortilla cups with lettuce. Combine fruits and divide evenly among cups. Combine yogurt, orange juice, and ginger. Drizzle over fruit. Serve immediately.