Chef Phil Andriano of Chef’s Diet suggests this Tex-Mex recipe for those interested in snacking a little smarter.
Why Try? This Chili Tostada offers lots of taste without going to your waist.
- 2 ounces ground beef
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Spanish onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ounces kidney beans or black beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce, prepared
- Cheddar cheese, as garnish
- 6-inch corn tostada shell
- For salsa
- 1 teaspoon red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon tomatillos, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 For chili. In a pan, sauté beef until the fat renders. Add garlic and onion.
- 2 As the mixture begins to brown, add spices and canned tomato, mix well.
- 3 Allow to sauté for a minute longer then mix in beans.
- 4 For salsa. Combine all ingredients, mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5 To serve. Serve on tostada shell on a plate, top with chili then sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and top with salsa.